1 day: Bedouin gardens and medicinal herbs
- Morning climb from village of St Catherine to garden of El Freish to see remains of Byzantine irrigation systems.
- Scramble down to Wadi Itlah, identifying herbs on the way.
- Discover cell and shrine of John Climacus.
- Take Bedouin lunch in garden of ‘Oda with seasonal produce from the garden. Learn about Bedouin gardening techniques.
- Explore herbal garden to learn about the medicinal herbs.
- Sunset climb over ridge or scramble up gulley to village of Abu Seyla.
- Transfer back to village of St Catherine.
Stories: Medicinal herbs